Friday, March 7, 2008

CJ Watson Talks About Being Called Up

CJ Watson has been blogging this season for one of my favorite sites on the net, DraftExpress. He was recently called up by the Golden State Warriors and describes his experience. Here are a couple excerpts:

Some hours after our last game at Austin I received word that I was soon to be getting a "Gatorade call up" and my dream of finally playing in the NBA would come true. I would be going to the fast paced Golden State Warriors. I can't lie, I was excited, I don't think I slept that whole night after finding out. I was just up thinking about having my dream of playing in the NBA really come true. I'm so close to accomplishing some of my goals, and still, I have many more that I want accomplish.

In my first NBA debut against the red hot Portland Trailblazers, I was excited. I finally made it to this big stage, and when the coach called me to go in, I was shocked and overzealous at the same time. I didn't know any plays, but in Coach Nelson's system you don't have to. They don't run any plays. They just get the ball and go. My first shot I missed-- I wasn't used to coming off the bench, so I didn't have my legs under me, but hey, no excuses.
Also, another feature on the D-League website that I discovered tonight was the top ten plays from the month of February starring D-League alumni now playing in the association. You can see them by clicking here.

Finally, Matthew Brennan has an interesting article posted on D-League.com highlighting 6 former D-League players now taking part in the Houston Rockets franchise record 17-game winning streak.

No comments: